Nordic Network of Thanatology (NNT)
The Nordic Network of Thanatology (NNT) is a network primarily for scholar and practitioners working with the social sciences, the humanities and health care area. The purpose of the network in thanatology (broadly understood):
- To unite and create synergies between scholars and practitioners working within a variety of disciplines, traditions and fields of study in relation to death, dying and bereavement in the Nordic countries.
- To render visible the many forms of research and other initiatives within the field of thanatology in the Nordic countries.
- To provide a forum for interdisciplinary discussion, exchange and collaboration within the Nordic countries.
- To strengthen existing bonds and build new bonds between individuals and institutions working within the field of thanatology in the Nordic countries.
- To promote an awareness in the academic community as well as outside of the importance of studies of death, dying and bereavement as a legitimate field of research.
Senast uppdaterad: 2015-01-20