Eleven universities and university colleges in Sweden collaborate in Graduate School activities, although it is hosted by Linköping University and the administrative node is at Norrköping Campus. In January 2010 the school had 28 doctoral students, 25 licentiate students, and to date 22 doctoral and two licentiate students have graduated.
The programme of the graduate school
The graduate school has three main foci:
- Learning and communicating science, technology and mathematics
- Scientific, technological and mathematical knowledge cultures in school and society
- Scientific, technological and mathematical knowledge – general education, democracy, gender and ethnicity
The three foci do not have clear-cut boundaries. Individual theses can, and in many cases should, address issues with multiple facets, incorporating elements of all three focal perspectives.
Key general aims of the graduate school
- To generate research-based knowledge about teaching and learning in science, technology and mathematics at pre-school, compulsory and upper secondary school, tertiary and adult education levels
- To promote the development of research environments at the participating universities/university colleges
activities and information
Last updated: 2013-01-14